Wednesday 9 March 2011

Thing 21

I've used Google docs once or twice before, earlier on in the 23 Things experience. As part of leading my week I experimented with uploading my PDF instructions, and then linking to them in my blog. I've also had one or two documents sent to me in the last few weeks. But I hadn't created one from scratch before today. I thought creating a Word document was fairly boring, so I had a go with the drawing tool instead. It wasn't the easiest thing to use - I couldn't have created a masterpiece! But I was quite impressed with the flower that I created. I then shared it with Seri and Christina, but haven't yet heard if they received it. I shall have to investigate when I next see them. I can see how Google docs can be a really powerful tool for collaboration. It makes collaborative tasks, such as the 23 Things leadership group thinking of awards for the award ceremony, so much easier and simpler.

I would like to investigate a bit more how it deals with two people editing a document at once, and how it copes with clashes that this could cause. But I shall definitely keep Google docs in mind in the future, and will feel a lot more confident in using it now that I have got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment