Friday 25 February 2011

Thing 17

Well this is another week I've been looking forward to. I've never used Flickr, and until recently had never looked at YouTube. I'd just never had the time or inclination to work out how they worked. So this was a good opportunity to have a play around.

It was easy to register with Flickr with my Google credentials. And uploading photos seemed quite straightforward. I can see why Flickr could be a really useful tool for friends or family who want to share photos. I'm not convinced by whether libraries can make much use of it though - it was interesting to browse the BL's photo stream, but I certainly wouldn't take the time to revisit it again to see what new photos they had uploaded. I wonder how useful it actually is for an organisation to be able to post lots of photos on-line.

I can't see myself using Flickr, either in my professional or personal life. I don't take a lot of photos, and those that I do I doubt anyone would be interested in! If I want to share photos I would probably put them on Facebook, or just put them on a CD to send to someone. So, Flickr has yet to convince me...

No comments:

Post a Comment